9 Tips for Safer Driving in Birmingham, Alabama
August 2nd, 2011|
August 2, 2011
Some car accidents and dangerous auto-related incidents are out of a driver’s hands, but these important safety tips from the Birmingham Police Department may help keep drivers and their passengers safe on the road.
- Never leave your keys in the ignition while your car is unattended.
- Park in well-lighted areas and lock your doors, no matter how long you’ll be gone.
- Put valuables out of sight or in the trunk.
- Check front and rear seats, and floorboards before entering your car.
- Drive with all doors locked.
- Never pick up hitchhikers. If your car breaks down, put the hood up, lock the doors, turn on the flashers, and move to the passenger seat. Do not leave your car. If someone stops to help, roll down the window slightly and ask them to call a tow truck if you don’t have a cell phone.
- Avoid underground and enclosed parking garages if possible.
- When parking or returning to your vehicle, carry your keys and be aware of your surroundings.
- Consider investing in a cellular telephone.
What do you think are the most important safety rules to keep in mind while driving?
If you or someone you know has been involved in an Alabama auto accident, the Alabama auto accident attorneys at Norris Injury Lawyers can help.