No one ever wants to be in a car accident. Unfortunately, collisions occur every day. In 2016, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that over 32,000 people died while 2 million suffered injuries every year from car accidents in the nation. These accidents often result in life-changing injuries and financial difficulty.
After your accident, you may be facing many difficult decisions, so you need a skilled car accident lawyer on your side to help you through the legal process. Our team at Norris Injury Lawyers boasts over 40 years of experience representing clients who have been injured in car accidents. We understand the complex legal issues involved in these cases – we know how to get our clients the money they deserve.
Don’t delay getting the justice and compensation you are entitled to receive. Contact us by calling (800) 477-7510 or filling out the online contact form.
Personal Injury Lawyers Handle Car Accidents Claims
You may be wondering what types of lawyers handle car accident cases. When you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you should seek the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer – and sooner, rather than later.
Here is a quick overview of what personal injury lawyers typically do to build a solid case for accident victims:
- Gathering evidence and witness statements: The first step in any car accident case is to investigate the accident and gather evidence. This is essential in order to build a strong case.
- Assessment of damages: Personal injury lawyers will assess the damages caused by the accident. This includes property damage as well as the cost and extent of any injuries sustained by those involved.
- Case evaluation: Once we have gathered all of the evidence, we will sit down with you and go over your options. We will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies: We will try to negotiate a settlement with the other party’s insurance company and prepare to file a lawsuit in case an agreement cannot be reached.
- Building a solid case: Personal injury lawyers also deal with other aspects of the case, such as gathering evidence and witnesses, filing paperwork, and dealing with the opposing party’s attorneys. In some cases, we may even work with expert witnesses to help bolster our client’s case.
How Can Personal Injury Lawyers Help Your Case?
Car accident lawyers, also called personal injury lawyers, are the legal representatives who help people after a car accident. We work to get the best possible outcome for you, whether that means negotiating a settlement with the insurance company or taking the case to court.
There are many different things that car accident lawyers do in order to help their clients:
- We gather evidence. This includes talking to witnesses, getting police reports, and collecting medical records. We will also try to determine who was at fault for the accident. This is vital, affecting how much money the victim is entitled to receive.
- We negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies may try to limit the amount of money you are entitled to receive. A good lawyer won’t be intimidated when fighting for the compensation you deserve.
- We can file a lawsuit on your behalf and negotiate with the insurance company to try to get you the best possible settlement. If an insurance company isn’t willing to give you a fair settlement, we may need to take them to court.
No matter what route your case takes, having a car accident lawyer by your side will increase your chances of success.
When Should You Hire a Lawyer Car Accident Lawyer?
Here are some things to consider when you are deciding when to hire a lawyer to help you deal with the aftermath of your accident:
- The severity of your injuries. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, it is important to have legal representation to help you recover damages. A lawyer can also help if your injuries prevent you from working or if you will need long-term medical care.
- The other driver’s insurance company. The other driver’s insurance company will likely try to lowball you on your settlement, but an experienced car accident lawyer knows what you truly deserve. He or she can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you fair compensation.
- The circumstances of the accident. If the car accident was caused by negligence on the part of the other driver (e.g., speeding, distracted driving, etc.), you may have a strong case for filing a personal injury lawsuit. A lawyer can help you determine whether you have a valid claim and represent you in court, if necessary.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Claim Be Successful
If you have been in a car accident, you know how confusing and frustrating the aftermath can be. You most likely are facing expensive medical bills, lost wages, and the stress of dealing with insurance companies.
When you hire a car accident lawyer who truly cares, he or she can ease your burden by helping you to navigate this process. Your attorney’s goal should be to keep you going forward on the road to recovery by getting you the money you need.
A wide variety of factors can affect the outcome of any car accident case. An experienced lawyer, though, will know how to build a strong case by gathering evidence, interviewing eyewitnesses, and working with expert witnesses. Your lawyer will also be familiar with the applicable local laws and regulations.
If you have been in an accident, do not try to handle the legalities on your own. Contact Norris Injury Lawyers to speak with our team members today about your case. We care and will fight for your legal rights.
Should You Handle Your Car Accident Claim Yourself?
You may be inclined to handle your case on your own. However, please remember that there are many things to consider after a car accident. For instance:
- You will need to deal with insurance companies
- You may also be dealing with medical bills and lost wages
- You will need to get your car or other damaged property repaired or replaced
- You will want to make sure that you are compensated for your pain and suffering
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you with all of these issues. We will take into consideration all of the financial burdens that you are facing. We can deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
We can also help you get the medical treatment you need and make sure that your lost wages are covered. If your car was damaged, we can help you get it repaired or replaced. And, if you are entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, we will work for you to get the maximum amount possible.
Most importantly, your car accident lawyer will be a tireless advocate for you, striving for the best possible outcome in your case. You can be confident that your lawyer can ensure that your best interests are protected.
If you have been in a car accident, do not try to handle everything yourself. Hiring a car accident lawyer is a wise decision. Let our Birmingham, Alabama, personal injury lawyers help you. We will work to get you the compensation that you deserve so that you can focus on getting better.
What Damages Can You Recover After a Car Accident in Alabama?
When you are involved in a car accident, there are many things that you have to deal with. This can be overwhelming, but your lawyer will be able to help you recover any expenses that you may have incurred as a result of the accident.
Expenses that you may be able to recover after a car accident include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
You may be eligible to receive a settlement for property damage that happened as a result of the accident. This can include damage to your vehicle, as well as any other property that was damaged in the accident. If your vehicle is totaled, your lawyer can help you find a replacement vehicle. If you have lost time from work as a result of the accident, your lawyer can help you recover the wages you would have earned.
We Can Stand Up for Your Rights
At Norris Injury Lawyers, we have over 40 years of experience helping car accident victims in Birmingham and across Alabama. We understand the challenges you are facing, and we’re here to help. You know how confusing and stressful the aftermath can be. You may be dealing with serious injuries, mounting medical bills, insurance companies, and much more than we can understand.
Nevertheless, you can come to us for compassionate support and assistance. Let our legal team handle all the paperwork and negotiations with the insurance companies so you can focus on your recovery.
When we take on your case, we won’t get paid unless we win your case. Don’t settle for less than your case is worth – let Norris Injury Lawyers help you. We stand up for your rights.
If you’ve been in a car accident, contact Norris Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. Call us at (800) 477-7510 today for a free consultation or fill out the contact form.