When you have been injured in an accident, you may face very stressful decisions. Looking for the right lawyer to handle your case can be an especially difficult task. One concern that you may have is what percentage of your settlement a lawyer takes if your case is successful. This may especially be on your mind if you are already dealing with medical bills and car repairs.
At Norris Injury Lawyers, we believe you deserve the support of a legal team that is invested in your financial compensation. Nobody expects to be in an accident or the sudden expenses that come with it, but we understand the financial burden involved in the aftermath of an accident and we view getting you the money that you are entitled for your injuries as highly important.
When you trust us with your case, you have a confidence-inspiring team of Alabama personal injury attorneys with decades of experience dealing with insurance companies and winning proper settlements for our clients. When we take on your case, you won’t pay unless we win a settlement for you, so you have nothing to lose when contacting us for an evaluation of your case. Contact us at (800) 477-7510 or fill out the contact form to schedule a free consultation.
What Percentage Do Car Accident Lawyers Take?
The answer to this question varies since lawyers charge different percentages for different cases. For example, a lawyer may charge a higher percentage for a more complex case than a simple one.
In general, however, the American Bar Association permits car accident lawyers to charge up to 40 percent of the total settlement or award received by their client. This may seem like a wide range, but it really just depends on the individual case. If your case is fairly simple, the firm may charge you less.
How Will I Know If My Lawyer Charges Me Too Much?
No one wants to overpay for anything, especially when it comes to legal services. Some lawyers lack transparency when discussing their fees, which may only add to your stress. After all, you already have expenses as a result of your accident.
You deserve honesty about all costs involved. How can you be sure you are not paying too much?
A good way to know whether you are being charged too much is to ask the attorneys to explain how they charge and how much they think your case may be worth. Remember these points when meeting with any lawyer:
- The lawyer should be transparent about potential expenses that may be incurred. You need to understand exactly how much you may owe if he or she is successful in getting you compensation for your injuries.
- You should trust and feel comfortable with your lawyer. A good lawyer should never hesitate to explain the financial risks involved in your case.
- The lawyer should patiently help you understand the financial costs involved. Your attorney should never make you feel like a burden for asking questions. This is important because you may need to discuss personal details throughout your case with your lawyer.
We at Norris Injury Lawyers want you to feel confident in your decision to work with us. We welcome any questions you may have about your case and fees.
What Additional Costs Will I Face After an Accident?
If you are involved in a car accident, you may be wondering what additional costs you will face. Here is a look at some of the most common ones:
- Car repairs: If your car is damaged in the accident, you will need to get it repaired. The cost of repairs will depend on the extent of the damage.
- Medical bills: If you are injured in the accident, you’ll likely incur medical bills. The cost of medical treatment will depend on the severity of your injuries.
- Lost wages: If you miss time from work because of the accident, you may lose income. The amount of lost wages will depend on how much time you miss from work.
- Property damage: If your personal property is damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
According to the CDC, in the United States, over 75 percent of crash-related costs happen in the first 18 months after an incident. On average, a crash-related injury could cost a victim $3,300 or more depending on the extent of the injuries. This does not include additional costs related to property damages, trauma, etc.
Thus, working with the right lawyer is critical for your long-term peace of mind and financial security. He or she should care about getting you the compensation you deserve.
Who Handles My Accident Case Settlement?
In most cases, the insurance company for the at-fault driver will handle the settlement. However, there are some circumstances in which an attorney may need to get involved.
It is always a good idea to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer before accepting any settlement offer from an insurance company. Insurance companies are experienced at undervaluing claims, and they will likely try to get you to accept a lower settlement than you deserve.
Your lawyer can review the facts of your case, investigate all available coverage, calculate the true value of your damages, negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement, and file a lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary.
Is Hiring an Accident Lawyer Worth It?
The decision of whether or not to hire an accident lawyer can be life-changing. Please take the time and do the research to make a choice that you can live with.
Our team at Norris Injury Lawyers can help you in many ways after a car accident:
- We will investigate the accident to determine who was at fault. And if you need to go to court, we can represent you there as well.
- Our experienced accident lawyers can help you navigate the complex legal system and get the compensation you deserve. If you are dealing with serious injuries, mounting medical bills, or are unable to work, our attorneys can fight for you and help you get your life back on track.
- Insurance companies often take advantage of people who are not represented by an attorney. Having a lawyer on your side levels the playing field and gives you a better chance of getting a full and fair settlement for your injuries. He or she can help you file a claim with the other driver’s insurance company and negotiate with adjusters on your behalf.
Clearly, the right accident lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal system and get the compensation you deserve. If you are dealing with serious injuries, mounting medical bills, or are unable to work, an attorney can fight for you and help get your life back on track.
How to Choose the Right Car Accident Lawyer
When you have been in a car accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed and not sure what to do next. One of the first decisions you will need to make is whether or not to hire an accident lawyer. Once you have decided to hire an accident lawyer, the next step is to choose the right one. There are many factors to consider when making this decision.
But how can you tell whether a lawyer is trustworthy and honest? Here are some things to look for:
- The lawyer should have experience handling similar cases. This means he or she knows the law and how to deal with insurance companies. You could be told what percentage of their cases they have won for an idea of their success rate.
- The lawyer should be upfront about the fees charged. A good lawyer will be transparent about how much the services offered cost and how the fees are structured.
- The lawyer should readily answer your questions and keep you updated on the status of your case. You should not have to chase his or her team down for information.
- Your lawyer should have a good reputation and be willing to fight for you. He or she should be prepared to be aggressive when negotiating a settlement or taking your case to trial.
We Protect Your Rights and Fight For The Money You Deserve
After a car accident, it’s important to remember that you have options and that an experienced car accident lawyer can help you through the process. Don’t face this stressful situation alone. Let us assist you every step of the way.
At Norris Injury Lawyers, our Birmingham, Alabama, car accident lawyers have helped clients get the compensation they are owed after being involved in an accident. We understand the ins and outs of the legal system, and we know how to build a strong case on your behalf.
Most importantly, we are invested in the success of your case and getting you justice for your injuries. We take a percentage of the final settlement or verdict that we recover on your behalf, so you do not have to pay us anything upfront. And if we don’t win your case, you will not owe us anything.
You have nothing to lose by calling us and finding out how we can help you. So contact us today for a free consultation. We are here to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Let our Alabama personal injury attorneys fight for you. With over 40 years of experience in getting justice for our injured clients, we know how to get you the maximum settlement and justice for your injuries.
Best yet, you won’t pay unless we win a settlement for you. Contact us at (800) 477-7510 or fill out the contact form for a free consultation.