January 10th, 2012|
January 10, 2012
A woman is suing an Alabama rental property management company for the wrongful death of her pregnant daughter after she was killed in a house fire two years ago. According to WAFF 48 News, paperwork filed in the suit earlier this week show that the home lacked smoke detectors–something that may have saved the woman’s life had they been installed as law requires.
The fire occurred January 4, 2010, on Gault Avenue South in Fort Payne, Alabama. The young woman living in the home was four months pregnant when flames engulfed the home. By the time the woman realized the home was burning, she was trapped and died in the smoke and flames.
The woman’s mother spent close to a year searching for answers about what happened that day. Finally, the fire department informed her that smoke detectors were not installed in the home by the property management, and if they had been, her daughter may still be alive.
This information prompted the mother to file the lawsuit. She says she hopes the legal action will prevent a similar accident from occurring to someone else.
The Alabama wrongful death attorneys with Norris Injury Lawyers are an experienced and compassionate team of attorneys who can help walk you through the entire process of filing a claim if you have lost a loved one in an accident that was no fault of their own. Contact us today.