Alabama Wrongful Death Lawyers
It’s always the little things you miss the most. Saying goodbye to the ones you love is never easy, but it is especially difficult when your loved one died in an unexpected, tragic wrongful death accident that was somebody else’s fault.
We’re Here to Help
If you lost a family member as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation from a personal injury case. While money can never replace your loss, it can help lessen the strain of lost wages, unpaid medical bills, and funeral expenses.
The Alabama wrongful death attorneys at Norris Injury Lawyers in Alabama understand the complex nature of a wrongful death claim and want to be the ones to help you move forward. Lean on our 24/7 legal team and an Alabama wrongful death lawyer to help you get the experienced representation you deserve in your case. Call (800) 477-7510 or fill out a free initial consultation form to discuss your situation confidentially.
What is Wrongful Death?
An Alabama wrongful death lawsuit is a claim filed against the negligent party responsible for the death of someone dear to you.
A claim can be filed if your relative died as a result of one of the following three circumstances:
- Deliberate Measures
Someone intentionally harmed your family.
Your relative’s death was caused by someone else’s careless behavior.
- Strict Liability
An unsafe consumer product or defective medical device caused the death
If you’ve lost a family member as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. The Alabama wrongful death attorneys at Norris Injury Lawyers will work to ensure that the party responsible for the death is held liable.
What are Three Circumstances for Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Alabama?
Above all else, our health is our greatest asset. At Norris Injury Lawyers, we believe that everyone in Alabama has the right to pursue a long, productive life, free from harm or persecution from others. As personal injury lawyers, we know all too well how often that right is robbed from folks in our community by careless individuals. That’s why we dedicate so much of our time and resources to helping the families of wrongful death victims get the justice they deserve for their loved one.
But how do you know if your loved one’s death qualifies for a wrongful death lawsuit? Generally, you can file a claim for wrongful death if your loved one’s death was the result of one of the following circumstances:
- Deliberate measures—someone intentionally harmed your loved one
- Negligence—someone’s negligent act was the cause of your loved one’s death
- Strict liability—an unsafe consumer or defective medical product caused your loved one’s death
What Accidents Can Lead to Wrongful Death Claims?
If your loved one passed away due to injuries suffered in the following types of accidents, get in touch with us for a free consultation:
- Car accidents – All drivers have a responsibility to be safe and cautious behind the wheel. When they fail to do so, they can be held liable for any injuries or deaths that they cause.
- Work-related accidents – Employers are supposed to make sure their employees get the training, equipment, and safeguards that they need to do their jobs safely. However, that doesn’t always happen, and workers can suffer serious and even fatal injuries while at work.
Other common scenarios include medical malpractice mistakes, defective product injuries, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more.
Wrongful death claims are legally complex and require plenty of evidence, so it’s vital that you get in touch with us soon as possible so that we can begin working on getting you the money you deserve.
Can I File a Wrongful Death Claim?
If you’re thinking about filing a wrongful death claim, the following criteria must be proven to proceed.
- Your beloved’s death was caused by a person’s or party’s negligence. Wrongful death implies that the death could have been prevented if the responsible person or party upheld their responsibilities to keep themselves and others safe. Wrongful death claims are often filed after deaths due to things like medical malpractice or faulty products resulting in fatal injuries.
- You or your family members suffered a major loss due to your loved one’s death. Because wrongful death claims are typically reserved for surviving members who need compensation for things like lost wages, medical bills, and funeral expenses, anyone filing such a claim must show proof that the death caused your family to experience severe financial and emotional hardship.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer to File a Wrongful Death Claim?
- You’ll know if you have grounds to file a claim – Losing a loved one due to someone else’s actions is devastating, but not all mistakes or oversights are grounds for wrongful death claims. We can investigate the facts and help you choose your next steps.
- We’ll negotiate to help you get maximum compensation – If we advise you to move forward with your claim, you can count on us to fight for every penny you deserve. In addition to negotiating for things like medical bills and funeral costs, we’ll also work hard to get you current and future lost wages that your loved one would have earned for your family.
Punitive Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
Unlike most states, Alabama awards only punitive damages in wrongful death cases. This means that juries calculate the value of your wrongful death case with the intent of punishing the parties who caused your family member’s death and discouraging similar negligence or intentional harm in the future.
At Norris Injury Lawyers, A wrongful death lawyer will fight to make sure the party responsible for your family member’s death is held liable for their actions. At Norris Injury Lawyers, we want to make sure the party responsible for your loved one’s death is brought to justice. Our wrongful death attorneys will fight hard to get you the full amount compensation you and your family deserve in your wrongful death lawsuit.
Need a Norris? Contact Us Now.
At Norris Injury Lawyers, we’re a family law firm. If you’ve lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, carelessness, or harm, we want to help you with your case. Our Alabama personal injury attorneys have more than 40 years of experience helping people through some of the most difficult times of their lives, and we’re here to listen to your story. There’s no cost or obligation to contact one of our Alabama wrongful death lawyers, and you won’t owe us anything on your case unless we get money for you—so don’t wait. Complete our free consultation form or call (800) 477-7510 to get started now with a free consultation on your wrongful death claim.
What our clients say about us:
“The experience was fast, professional, and trustworthy. I would definitely come back to this firm if I need help again with legal problems and recommend them to family and friends.” -Lindsey Ann Grimes
Request a Free Initial Consultation
All fields required.