When you step into a taxi, you not only trust that the driver will take you where you want to go but also that he can do so safely. Nonetheless, accidents and injuries related to taxi rides can still happen when taxicab drivers are capable and attentive. But there may be an even greater chance of a collision occurring when a taxi driver is unalert or neglectful.
If you have been injured in a car accident, as a passenger or pedestrian, involving a taxi in Birmingham, Alabama, please reach out to a taxi accident lawyer with Norris Injury Lawyers. We can help you, and when we take on a case, you don’t pay us unless we get you the compensation you need.
You can contact us 24/7 at (800) 477-7510 or by filling out the free online form. Your initial consultation with us is free of both cost and obligation – that’s our guarantee.
Reasons Why Taxicab Accidents Occur
The passenger typically leaves the driving and road navigation to the taxi driver. Thus, the passenger might be especially surprised when a collision occurs, being caught completely unawares.
Regardless of how safe you behave personally as a passenger; you can still be injured in a collision caused by someone else. Frequently, the causes of taxicab crashes are related to the following:
- Distracted driving
- Driver error
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver fatigue
Mentioned here are just some of the more common causes, but a taxi accident can be the result of several other reasons. Here are some examples of other collisions and injuries involving taxi drivers:
- Collision of a taxicab with another vehicle
- Passenger injuries from dangerous driving on the part of a taxi driver
- A pedestrian is hit by a taxi
- A hit-and-run taxi accident in which the taxi driver is at fault
Norris personal injury attorneys can provide you with the relevant legal advice you need regarding taxi accidents in Birmingham, Alabama. We can help you identify the cause of your collision and who is accountable for your personal injuries.
Injuries Common in Taxi Accidents
The injuries a victim in a taxi accident can experience can vary considerably. Listed below are among the most common injuries that someone may receive, whether as a passenger in a taxi, in another car, or as a pedestrian:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal hemorrhaging
- Organ damage
- Permanent nerve damage
This does not cover all the injuries a victim can suffer. Please talk with an attorney on the Norris legal team, and we can assist you in determining how to receive compensation for your injuries connected to a taxi accident.
What Compensation is Available to Taxi Accident Victims?
An abrupt and unanticipated hit in a taxi accident can be traumatic. The process of recovering from physical injuries can leave you exhausted and emotionally frazzled. Unfortunately, the victims of taxi collisions will have to confront further stress as they are inundated with medical bills.
On top of the stress of the medical bills is the added unease that comes with lost wages when you can’t work while recovering. Worrying over how you will pay for these medical bills can bring on mental and emotional anxiety.
However, you can receive restitution for your medical bills and related financial costs of your collision. Norris Injury Lawyers can pursue on your behalf the compensation you require, and your apprehension will be lifted when you see how your attorneys work relentlessly to protect your financial and legal interests.
Our law firm can assist you in recovering the following damages:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Treatment from specialists
- Necessary medication and medical devices
- Lost income
- Lost future wages
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of limb
- Wrongful death damage
- Punitive damages
The Norris Injury Lawyers of Alabama have an in-depth understanding of personal injury law and how it relates to taxi accidents. We want to use our experience to help you obtain the most compensation that is available.
Actions You Should Take After a Taxi Accident
Even immediately after a collision, there are actions you should take if possible and safe to do so. These can protect your legal rights and firm up your position in a legal case.
You should try to:
- Obtain the driver’s license number and proof of insurance from all drivers involved in the crash. Keep in mind that if you don’t have anything to write, you can likely use your phone to take pictures of this information.
- Collect pertinent information from the driver, such as the taxi driver’s personal name, the contact information of the taxi driver, the name of the taxi company the driver works for, and the vehicle’s registration number.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, if safe to do so, to prove that your injuries were a direct result of the collision. If your injuries are serious enough that you cannot do it yourself, then perhaps someone else can take these pictures for you. Be sure to include any and all property that is damaged in the photos. Good photos can go a long way in establishing the compensation you are entitled to receive after the accident.
- Obtain the contact information of all witnesses. Witness testimony can aid in establishing guilt in a taxi accident case.
- Call the police. This is a valuable step to take regarding your potential insurance claim. Make certain that you obtain a copy of the police report of the accident.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. It may be tempting to ignore this step if you have no immediate and obviously visible injuries. However, you may have sustained injuries that are internal or will become visible later. Additionally, you may be seriously hurt but can’t tell because of the rush of adrenaline in your body.
- Talk to the taxi accident legal team with Norris Injury Lawyers. We can help you analyze the details of your accident and use police and medical reports to identify the accountable parties and establish that none of your injuries get overlooked or minimized.
When you are in pain and experiencing trauma, it can be easy to miss important but subtle details that are pivotal to your case. With assistance from Norris Injury Lawyers, you can feel confident that your accident will be scrutinized carefully so that no essential and beneficial details are overlooked.
How a Taxi Accident Lawyer Can Make a Difference in Your Case
Obtaining compensation after a taxi accident can be challenging even when you are unquestionably free from fault. At-fault parties and insurance companies will strive to minimize and avoid as much accountability as possible.
This aggravating avoidance is especially difficult to overcome when the collision specifics are convoluted. Complex taxi accident cases may even involve multiple parties.
Nonetheless, an experienced and capable legal team can help you by:
- Investigating the circumstances of the accident
- Isolating and identifying all responsible parties
- Using experts who can testify concerning the cause of the crash
- Demanding fair and adequate compensation from all responsible parties
- Negotiating on your behalf with the obstinate insurance companies, taxi companies, and opposing defense lawyers
A taxi accident lawyer can help remove these legal burdens and stresses while you concentrate on getting better.
Contact Our Alabama Taxi Accident Lawyers
Whether you were in the taxi when a collision occurred or a taxi hit you, you may be unsure of what to do next. The personal injury attorneys at Norris Injury Lawyers can help you organize the defense you need to get the compensation you require. While you rest and focus on your recovery, we can go up against the guilty parties who may attempt to sidestep their accountability.
You can speak to a personal injury lawyer with our legal team at Norris Injury Lawyers about your accident involving a taxi. Our goal is to get you the compensation you require. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay us.
You can contact us at (800) 477-7510 or by filling out the free online form. Our first visit with you is free of charge, and there are no obligations in connection with this free consultation.