A severe Tuscaloosa collision can leave victims in physical pain and feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and confused. There’s so much that happens in the days following a major auto accident and amidst all of the chaos, you have to make serious decisions that could affect your life for years to come. How you choose to handle filing an insurance claim and negotiating a settlement could affect the medical care you receive and your future financial stability.
The good news is that you don’t have to shoulder this responsibility alone. A car accident attorney can help ensure you receive the best medical care available to you, inform you of your legal rights, and handle all negotiations with the involved insurance companies. If your accident was caused by another party’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to pay for the related medical expenses or other damages out of your own pocket.
Norris Injury Lawyers has proudly been helping the residents of Alabama recover maximum compensation for their car accident cases for over 40 years. Call our personal injury law firm today to schedule your free case consultation. We offer all our clients our No Fee Guarantee®. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 477-7510, start a live chat with us, or fill out the online contact form.
What Steps to Take After a Tuscaloosa, Alabama Motor Vehicle Accident?
Being involved in a collision is a stressful experience, so it’s important to know what actions to take immediately afterward. There are decisions you can make that could help ensure the safety of others, obey Alabama state law, and help begin the insurance claims process.
After a Tuscaloosa collision, try to remain calm and take the following steps:
- Check yourself for injuries. If you sustained injuries, call 911immediately or ask someone else to do so for you. If you are seriously injured, try not to move, forcing yourself to move too soon can make your injuries worse. Stay where you are and try to remain calm until help arrives.
- Move to safety. Turn your hazard lights on and, if possible, pull your vehicle off the road and into a safe place away from traffic. If you’re unable to move the vehicle, get yourself and all passengers to a safe spot away from the road. If you have flares or emergency triangles you could set these up to divert traffic away from the accident.
- Exchange contact information. If you’re able to do so, exchange contact information with the other Tuscaloosa drivers and passengers involved. Obtain their full names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance information, license plate numbers, and make and model of their vehicles. Avoid discussing who’s at fault, as something you say could be misconstrued into an admission of guilt.
- Collect evidence. In order to help establish who was at fault for the accident, it’s best if you can gather as much evidence as possible. This can include speaking to witnesses and exchanging contact information with them, taking pictures to document the scene and your injuries, and getting the name and badge number of responding Tuscaloosa law enforcement officers. Write down any details that you can remember about the cause of the collision; in the days following the crash, you’ll likely forget important details about what happened.
- Contact your insurance company. You should notify your insurance company of the crash as soon as possible. Remember: after you accept a settlement, you typically cannot go back and ask for more money later on. For this reason, it’s recommended to hold off on accepting a settlement until first speaking to a Tuscaloosa car accident attorney.
- Contact a personal injury law firm. A personal injury lawyer experienced with in car accident claims will be able to help you receive maximum compensation for your injuries and other accident-related expenses. If you have been injured in an auto accident, contact Norris Injury Lawyers today to schedule a free case consultation.
When You Need a Tuscaloosa, Alabama Personal Injury Lawyer After a Collision
If you were involved in an auto accident in Tuscaloosa, AL, through no fault of your own, you may be wondering whether you need to hire a personal injury lawyer to represent you. While it is certainly your right to file a claim with the insurance company on your own, there are many benefits to having legal representation from a trusted law firm handle your legal concerns for you.
You may assume that, since you didn’t cause the motor vehicle crash, that everything will work out in your favor. However, that is not always the case; there are obstacles that may interfere with your getting a fair payout. For instance, the other driver may claim that you are at fault for the accident, and you may need to provide evidence showing that you didn’t do anything wrong.
Your auto accident attorney may take the following steps to demonstrate that you suffered at the hands of the defendant’s carelessness:
- Obtaining a copy of the police report
- Speaking to witnesses of the accident and gathering their statements
- Utilizing the help of accident reconstructionists and other experts
- Talking to your doctors and medical professionals about your injuries and requesting your medical records
The personal injury lawyers at our law firm can also file all necessary paperwork, calculate the value of your claim, and handle negotiations with the insurance company. We have helped our clients recover millions of dollars in damages, and we can help you too. Contact Norris Injury lawyers today to schedule your free consultation.
Financial Compensation After Your Tuscaloosa Collision
Your Tuscaloosa, Alabama, personal injury attorney may help you recover both economic and non-economic damages, depending on the losses that you suffered as a result of the accident. These losses may include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical therapy
- Wrongful death
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
At Norris Injury Lawyers, we firmly believe that everyone has the right to skilled legal representation – regardless of their current financial situation. Your initial consultation with us is absolutely free, and if you choose to retain our legal services, you’ll pay absolutely nothing out of pocket.
Rather, our law firm works on a contingency fee basis: after your case is settled, we will be paid a percentage of your settlement. Thus, we proudly offer all our clients our No Fee Guarantee®. If we don’t win, you owe us nothing. No upfront costs. No hidden fees.
Contact a Tuscaloosa, AL Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in an auto collision, don’t leave your case to just any attorney in Tuscaloosa. Contact the trusted law firm that has been representing Alabama victims of motor vehicle accidents for over 40 years. Each one of our clients matters to us, and the successful outcome of your case will be our mission.
When you choose Norris Injury Lawyers to handle your collision case, you can be sure that you’re getting experienced, honest, and skilled legal representation. Our personal injury lawyers will take the time to listen to you, answer any questions you have about your claim, and regularly update you on the development of your case.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a Tuscaloosa, Alabama, car accident, contact Norris Injury Lawyers today to schedule your free case consultation. Contact us 24/7 at (800) 477-7510 or fill out the online contact form.