Decatur Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents seem to come out of nowhere. They can knock your whole life off-balance, leaving you wondering how you will ever regain your equilibrium. Yet, the decisions you make after a Decatur, AL, car accident can make the difference between a smooth recovery and a rocky one. When making decisions, it’s always a good idea to gather as much information as you can. Hasty or uninformed decisions could harm your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve for your personal injury accident.
Relying on over 40 years of legal experience, Norris Injury Lawyers can provide the answers you need. Call us at (800) 477-7510 for a free Decatur car accident claim consultation.
What You Should Know About Car Accident Property Damage in Decatur, Alabama
When another car collides with yours, the damage might range from slight to catastrophic. In Decatur, the at-fault party may be responsible to cover the cost of restoring your car to the condition it was in before the accident. Insurance companies assess the damage and determine how much compensation the innocent party is due.
Severe damage might result in repair costs that exceed 70 percent of the value of the car. In these cases, insurers often decide to classify the vehicle as “totaled.” Rather than spend money on repairs, they would compensate you for your car’s replacement value in its pre-accident condition.
You may be wondering:
- What if the at-fault party refuses to admit guilt?
- What if it is not clear who or what caused the accident?
- What if the at-fault party did not have auto insurance?
- What if the at-fault party fled the scene of the accident.
Our Decatur car accident attorneys realize that every accident is different. If you have questions such as the ones above, please complete the personal injury contact form, and a representative will contact you shortly. Getting your answers in a free consultation could give you the confidence you need to make wise legal decisions.
What You Need to Know About Decatur Car Accident Injuries
In 2019, there were 28,887 motor vehicle accidents on Alabama state routes, such as SR 3, 17, and 153. Decatur car accident injuries can disrupt your life now and for years to come.
Common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury caused by the jolting motion of a car crash. Whiplash might result in pain, stiffness, headache, dizziness, and abnormal sensations. Since symptoms do not always show up right away, medical tests are essential in determining if you experienced whiplash.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): TBIs occur when sudden trauma to the head damages the brain. Concussions, headache, confusion, and blurred vision are associated with mild to moderate TBI. Severe TBI patients might experience coma, seizures, and permanent physical, emotional, and cognitive disabilities. A Decatur car accident lawyer can pursue life-changing compensation for you or your loved ones affected by traumatic brain injuries.
- Broken bones: The force of a car crash can break (or fracture) bones in your body. Any broken bone can be painful and slow to heal. Some broken bones, such as pelvic bones, spinal vertebrae, or facial bones, might require surgery to repair. Permanent long-term effects might include nerve damage, deformities, limited range of motion, arthritis, or an uneven gait.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding is life-threatening because it can lead to organ failure, seizures, coma, and even death. Early detection is essential, so accident victims should seek medical attention immediately.
- Cuts, scrapes, and burns: Lacerations can become infected or leave unsightly scars.
- Spinal cord injuries: A traumatic blow to the spine can result in nerve damage, paralysis, and respiratory complications. Often, a patient can undergo physical therapy to regain skills. Unfortunately, some spinal cord injuries are permanent.
- Limb loss (amputation): Losing a lower extremity can affect your ability to walk around and keep your balance while standing. Loss of upper extremities (i.e. hand, arm) seriously impacts a patient’s ability to do tasks independently.
Insurance companies often offer people like you compensation for your medical bills and lost wages. Yet, you should not assume that what you are being offered is fair. Insurers that settle claims for less than they are worth can save themselves thousands of dollars.
For example, a review of soft-tissue injury patients revealed that severe symptoms extended for up to 2 years after the trauma in some cases. Medical bills for such long-term conditions add up over time, but insurers are hoping you don’t figure this out.
Knowledgeable car accident lawyers, on the other hand, are ready to maximize your compensation. When the car accident attorneys at Norris Injury Lawyers defend your rights, we fight to win compensation for your past and future needs associated with your Decatur car accident.
Would you like to be sure that Decatur insurance companies are not undervaluing your claim? Call us toll-free at (800) 477-7510 to learn what your claim is worth.
What You Should Know About the Psychological Effects of Decatur Car Accidents
Decatur car accidents can leave bruises in places you can’t see. You might become afraid to ride or drive a car. You could experience flashbacks and nightmares.
Your injuries can also limit your mobility and change the way you see yourself. If you cannot return to work, you could lose your sense of independence. Even your social interactions could be impacted by your Decatur car accident.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a potential concern after a traumatic event. In one study, almost 47 percent of car accident survivors showed symptoms of PTSD, including:
- Repeated disturbing images, thoughts, or memories
- Problems in social functioning
- Dependence on alcohol
- Sleep problems
- Impairment in family interactions
- Negative impacts on work or school
Your mental and emotional health can suffer long after the bandages and bruises are gone. At Norris Injury Lawyers, our accident attorneys care about your well-being. Our compassionate car accident lawyers can lift the stress from your shoulders by handling the challenging legal aspects of your Decatur car accident claim.
With a reliable Decatur car accident lawyer on your side, you can focus on regaining your peace of mind. Why not start now? Click “Start Chat” below to tell a live person about your experience. We are available 24/7 and there is no charge nor obligation, so there is no need to put off getting in touch with us today.
What to Do If an Insurance Company Denies Your Personal Injury Claim
Hindsight is 20/20. People often contact Decatur car accident attorneys only after an insurance company denies their claim. Of course, it would be better to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as a car accident occurs. An accident lawyer can help you avoid problems and speed up frustrating and time-consuming interactions with insurance companies and at-fault drivers.
Yet, if you received a denial letter, a capable Norris Decatur car accident lawyer can investigate to determine whether you have the basis for an appeal. Contact us by submitting this convenient form to schedule your free car accident rejection evaluation. There is no additional charge for court representation, and you will only be charged for work on your claim if a car accident lawyer wins financial compensation for you.
Why You Should Contact Us For a Free Decatur Car Accident Consultation Without Delay
Every state has a statute of limitations. This deadline regulates how long after your collision a Decatur car accident lawyer can pursue your legal claim. If time runs out, you might not be able to file your personal injury claim, no matter how deserving you are of compensation.
Norris Decatur car accident lawyers try to make it as easy as possible to contact us. We welcome your calls day and night – our telephone lines are always open with a live representative to listen to your concerns. You can also click the chat dialog box below or schedule an appointment using our personal injury contact form.
Doubts and worries will only slow down your recovery, so you should not be forced to file a claim on your own. The car accident lawyers of our Decatur legal team are ready to empower you. Benefit from our 40 years of car accident claims experience by calling (800) 477-7510 to learn how to get every penny your claim is worth.